Thursday, April 24, 2008

Untitled

Don't really know what to title this one...
I am done with the school year!! Yay!!
I am thinking about this weight loss journey that I am on as I look at my new issue of "Self" magazine. Every woman's magazine that I read always has a cover story that touts how someone can loose 5, 10, 15, 20 pounds in 1, 2, 3, 4 weeks! By eating weird limiting diets or working out like a mad woman. I really want to loose weight but I love to eat! And food makes me happy.
When I think back to when I lost 30 pound or so, back in 2004, I realize that what I did back then is harder for me to do now. I worked out in a rural area and would eat lean cuisines every day for lunch. The temptation to go out and eat was simply not there because there was nothing around. But now I am surrounded by lunch carts, deli's, pizza joints, and coffee houses. And almost every day I give in to temptation. I think that I am getting better slowly but surely. I have made my own breakfast at least once this week and ate lunch from home too. At least its a start!

No comments: