Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wondering

Why are so many people, including myself, overweight? I think it comes down to two major causes: laziness and poor planning. For example- I have been working a new job since last week. This job has me out in the community so there is no lunch room to store a lean cuisine or other healthy lunch options. Of course I could pack a salad or a sandwich or something like that, but I don't. So for the past two weeks I have ate lunch out everyday. This is not good for my waistline nor my wallet. I know that I am not the only one who does this. It is just so convenient to go out and let someone else prepare your food for you. I actually like to cook but lately I have been having to drag myself into the kitchen to make meals. How am I going to cope when I have to feed kids? I always said I would not be one of those moms who feed her kids McDonald's or other junk on a regular basis, however I can now clearly see how that happens.

But onto another topic that is related: I love my job! I know it's early but I have picked up on positive vibes from those people I work with and I believe that this job will finally offer me a real chance and professional and personal growth. I am on my grind with my eye on retiring at the age of 55.

No comments: