Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shake it off, pat it down, and rise up a little higher

My minister delivered this message in church today. The story goes: There was a mule who got stuck in a hole. No one could get him out. Then someone suggested that they throw dirt on the mules back but not to bury him the hole. When the dirt hit the mule he would shake it off, pat it down into the ground and then he would rise a little but higher until he was finally able to get out of the hole. The point is when people throw dirt on you shake it off, pat it down, and rise a little higher.


My Nana turns 84 tomorrow. We had a dinner for her today but she insisted on doing all the cooking. Pretty cool, huh? A great example of a strong black woman.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Awww...Happy Birthday to Nana! Also I'm SOOOO sorry no one invited you. I asked a few times did anyone call you. I don't recall the answers now. I should've called you though. I'm really sorry : (