Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What is this feeling

I am still in a fog. I wake up tired. I come home from work tired. I am dragging my butt during the day at work. I am doing work with people who depress the hell outta me and it's starting to really get to me. Hearing about how someone's electric service is about to be cut off, how people can not afford to buy food, or how people can sometimes abuse "the system" day in and day out is so not cool! I don't mean to be ungrateful. I am happy to just have a job. But, I am the ambitious type, always looking for that next great opportunity. And this thing I am floating in right now just feels stagnant. I keep telling myself to hang on for a least a year and then I am going about my path of becoming an elementary school teacher. It's so weird but I always pictured myself being an administrator in social work but I don't want to get a MSW and I don't want to work for social services. I feel a little bit bad that I am turning my back on the profession I supposedly dedicated myself to, but I gotta fix this feeling. It's just not working

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I feel that way EVERYDAY I actually should be working now and just can't concentrate on any of this stuff. Change is coming for all of us...in more ways than one. :)