Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008- The year in review

How was 2008 for you? Here is what happened in my world:

January- I purchased my first home. I am pretty happy in my little condo most of the time. I've had the first time homeowner headaches, such as mice and little repairs to take care of. It's been a good experience though.

February- I got engaged after 5 looonnngggggg years

March- Began planning the wedding and also started getting depressed about the cost of it all!

April- I think that this is when I started to get in a funk. Why? I don't know.


May- Got laid off unexpectedly from my job. It hit me hard. I was unemployed and my fiance started living with me right after he graduated from grad school. So, two broke jobless people were sitting around the house.

June- I turned 26, starting the slope toward 30! I also landed my current job.

July- I can't really remember anything spectacular happening this month.

August- We were in the thick of a big relationship struggle. D was having a hard time getting a job and it was weighing on us.

September- D got a wonderful job!

October- I began experiencing dissatisfaction with my job. Splitting two departments continues to be a struggle for me to grasp.

November- I hosted my parents and a family friend for my first Thanksgiving in my house. And the D got appendicitis Thanksgiving weekend. Our first medical challenge as an engaged couple.

December- Wrapping up the year on a positive note. Me and my girls have formed a self-help group to work on our areas of improvement. I am looking forward to learning what motivates me and how I can really be the woman God intended me to be.

2009 is sure to a great year. I welcome it with open arms. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: