Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How it is vs. How it should be

How it is:

I wake up at the last possible moment. I have to be at work at 10:00 so I usually get up at 9:20. I take a 10 minute shower. I put on whatever is not wrinkled and try to grab something to eat for lunch and run out the door at 9:45. I walk in the front door of my job at 10:05. I go upstairs and sign into my computer. I check all 3 of my Yahoo accounts, my Google Reader and my work e-mail account. I go about my day of various client appointments with bursts of goofing off in between. I talk with my co-workers, do some paperwork that is always behind, and make phone calls. Lunch time rolls around at 1:45. I pack up all my items and go to my second office (within the same company). I grab lunch at my desk because by this time no one else is in the break room to break bread with. While eating I check in on Facebook and more Google Reader. I give D a call and see how his day is going at work and usually get calls sent up from the receptionist who forgets that I am on my lunch break. At about 2:15 I change hats and start to put a plan into place for the kids in the after-school program. I get snack ready while they are being picked up from school. When they arrive I serve snack and we proceed with whatever activity is planned for the day. The kids pluck on my nerves in various ways for 2.5 hours and then go home. I recap with my co-worker, go upstairs and check various things on the computer, do a little paperwork and go home. I get home and walk Andy then feed him (D does the feeding in the morning and lets him out to pee). I piddle on the computer, watch TV, and maybe cook dinner. I eat various junk. I pretty much laze about the house all evening playing my DS, playing on the computer, and watching re-runs of TV shows. I lay down to sleep around 11:30-12:00 and the next day it starts all over again.

How it should be:

I wake up at 8:00 am. I feed Andy and then we go for a walk. I get back into the house and check my accounts while I eat a healthy breakfast. I pack my balanced lunch after breakfast and then I hop in the shower around 9:00. After my shower I put on my already picked out and wrinkle free outfit (ironed the night before) and apply a little makeup. It is now 9:30 and I am ready to go out the door. I arrive at work at 9:50. I get settled in and then dive into my work without as much goofing off in between. I enjoy what I do and I get to take lunch with other people. I only have one position so I can better concentrate on doing a great job. When I get home I walk Andy and feed him. I then go back out for my own walk for another 20 minutes. I get back in the house and cook a healthy delicious dinner. I have one sensible snack while watching just an hours worth of TV. I spend the rest of the evening working on my homework and talking with D. I do a little cleaning to keep my house tidy and I go to bed at 11:00.

No comments: