Monday, July 27, 2009

Trying to get back to where I was before

Back in 2005 I joined Weight Watchers. I lost about 30 pounds. I planned my meals, measured my portions, and counted up my points faithfully. I never really felt deprived. I would even still have dessert everyday and eat fast food once a week.

Fast forward to 2009. I have gained back all the weight I lost plus a few more pounds. I have realized that, like many other people, I am an emotional eater. If I have had a hard day I comfort myself with a slice of pizza or some fried chicken. If I am bored, I eat a 100 calorie pack (or 3). If I am having a great day, I top it off with a visit to Chick-fil-a. No matter the situation, I use food to reward, entertain, or comfort myself.

I think that before when I had success, I was more mindful of my emotions. I would get up during each commercial break of watching tv and jog in place. I would clean up each day or cook my own dinner. I gotta get back to these habits. Maybe I should walk Andy whenever I get the urge to snack outta boredom. When I am stressed, I can throw my energy into vacuuming and scrubbing the tub. I gotta do something different because I am sick of having a double chin, backfat, and a gut. It is soooooo not cute!

No comments: