Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello

I have been a little neglectful of my blog. Time to update what has been going on in my corner of the world. I have worked on two of my three goals this month. I joined Weight Watchers and I am being a lot more mindful of the choices that I make at each meal. I did get off track toward the end of my first week due to a mini vacay with my hubby but started right back up on Monday. I feel that this week will be successful for me. I also took the time to study for the exam I need to take in order to apply for the teaching program. I have to move forward with that process soon because the deadline to apply is in January. Time is flying by! I have to admit I feel a little bit anxious about whether or not I will be accepted into the program. I have had a bit of a rocky past with my jobs. I started off really solid, staying at my first job for a little over 2 years. But then ever since, there have been a string of short lived jobs. I made some choices that weren't right for me, was the victim of bad management (I'm talking the kind that doesn't pay!) and got laid off of one position. My patchwork job history could potentially work against me but I am saying a prayer and keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to have enough experience to be accepted into this program at this time. It is not in God's will for it to be for me right now, then I will regroup and make an adjustment. I just know that it took me awhile to realize that my purpose was not only to help people but to teach and I am excited to get to it sooner than later.

No comments: