Thursday, January 28, 2010

Being a wife



So.... I am 8 months into wifedom and the major thing that I don't like about it is having to answer one question every afternoon from my husband "What's for dinner?" I love to cook but not when I have been working all evening and I am tired. As a single woman, dinner could be a bowl of cereal, cream of wheat, or a kids meal from Chick-fil-A. Now I have a meat-loving hubby who expects something every night. I try to cook 3-4 times a week and then have leftovers or takeout the rest of the week. The funny thing is, when I cook I don't even eat it. It's like knowing what the meat looked like raw just turns me off from the food. Tonight I threw together some chicken stir fry and brown rice and I all I ate of it was some mini corn I picked out the wok.

3 comments:

Nina Diane said...

I don't like cooking after I get home from work either. I love to cook so I do on the weekends and make extra for the freezer. That way I always have something to pull out during the week

Hilary said...

I have always enjoyed cooking, even when I was living on my own. For as long as I've cooked, though, I can never get it together to plan out a full week of meals. I end up defrosting something brand new every day. Craig and the girls don't mind leftovers, but I'd rather eat something new. We'll have to swap recipes.

kanishk said...

great post
home jobs without registration