Friday, November 19, 2010

My natural hair essentials

I have been natural for about a year and a half now and I have been learning how to best handle my hair. I have naturally curly hair but it is very thick. I started getting relaxers when I was 9 years old because my mom did not know how to handle it. In high school and college I would sometime wear my hair in a wash and go style, showcasing my curls and waves. Back then I did not know better and would put mousse in it. Now I have a few thing that help me style and maintain my hair better. Here are the products and tools that are helpful to me.

1. Trader Joes Spa Nourish Conditioner. It is only $2.99 but this is a great product. It is really moisturizing and helps when I detangle my hair in the shower.
2. My wet detangling comb.A good comb is a must!
3. Pantene medium thick leave in condtioner followed by coconut oil to seal the moisture in.
4. John Freda Dream Curls to define and provide a slight hold for my curls.
5. A satin pillow case helps to save my hair.
6. A hair catcher for the shower because I can clog up a shower in 2 shampoos.

No comments: